Thursday, October 29, 2009

Truly a Party in the USA

Is it just me, or has Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" inspired a lot of people recently? I heard many people talk/complain about this song for about a week before I was lucky enough to hear it for the first time. My spinning instructor, notorious for his love of Britney and the Pussycat Dolls, put the song on...I remember laughing out of amusement at how "terrible" the song is. "Terrible" because music tastes are relative...bottom-line from my point of view is that the song is catchy and awful at the same time. Back to the important stuff...I recently saw a video of Party in the USA mixed with a Notorious B.I.G. track. The mix is again both awful and catchy. The juxtaposition between Biggie and Miley Cyrus is priceless though. That video was topped big time when I found the reason for today's post. The ASL version of Party in the USA:


Two points about this video to help you enjoy:
  1. If you click the arrow in the bottom right, you can get a literal translation of the ASL...which is both informative and hilarious.
  2. If you were deaf, you wouldn't be hearing the audio (or at least, you wouldn't hear it the same as someone who is not deaf), so do yourself a favor and turn off the sound and watch it again...even more entertaining.
The real "cherry on top" is that this guy apparently does ASL version of other song...I'm going to have to check those out.

No comments:

Post a Comment